One of the annoyances of Fiats equipped with Blue & Me infotainment system is that during a phone call you can’t view the trip computer data. This is particularly annoying when you are having a long phone call and driving on a highway for example where you constantly need to check your trip computer (to monitor the distance you have traveled or maintain an average speed for example).
I kept tinkering with my car till I found a very simple solution for this:
- During a phone call, turn cruise control on. You don’t have to actually engage it, just rotate the stalk to turn it on.
- Turn it off again quickly.
- While the information screen is still saying “Cruise Control Off”, press the trip computer button.
- You now have full access to your trip computer data while you are having a phone call.
- Enjoy and promise me you are not going to buy another car that uses Microsoft software.