If you have a Synaptics multi-touch trackpad you would probably be wondering why the three-finger flick/swipe to go backward and forward isn’t working in Google Chrome. The fault isn’t from Google, it’s from Synaptics. Fortunately this can be easily fixed with a simple registry edit.
- From the start menu, type regedit and choose regedit.exe
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Synaptics
- Export the registry keys by right clicking on Synaptics and choosing Export
- Open the exported registry key using a text editor and replace every instance of “Mozilla Firefox” with “Google Chome” and “firefox.exe” with “chrome.exe”
- Go back to the registry editor and choose File, Import and choose the file you just edited
- Restart you computer
- Voila! Three-finger swipes working perfectly